Staging your home can make a big difference in how quickly it sells and how much money you get for it. According to a study by the National Association of Realtors, homes that are staged sell for an average of 7% more than homes that are not staged.
How to Stage Your House
This article will show you how to stage your house, making it look its best so that it will sell quickly and for the best price. This involves decluttering, cleaning, and making repairs, as well as creating a warm and inviting atmosphere.
The importance of staging your home
These tips on How to Stage Your House can make a big difference in how quickly it sells and how much money you get for it. According to a study by the National Association of Realtors, homes that are staged sell for an average of 7% more than homes that are not staged.
Steps on how to stage your house.
This is the most important step in How to Stage Your House. Get rid of anything that is not essential, including furniture, personal belongings, and clutter. This will make your house look larger and more spacious.
- Start by going through each room and getting rid of anything you don’t use or need.
- Donate or sell items that you can’t part with.
- Put away seasonal items and toys.
- Pack up any belongings that you don’t want potential buyers to see.
Make sure your house is spotless, inside and out. This includes cleaning the floors, walls, windows, and appliances.
- Hire a professional cleaner if you can afford it.
- If you’re cleaning yourself, use a neutral cleaner that won’t leave any strong smells.
- Pay attention to the details, such as dusting baseboards and light fixtures.
3. Make repairs
- Fix any repairs that need to be done, such as leaky faucets, cracks in the walls, or broken appliances. This will make your house look more well-maintained and appealing to buyers.
- Get quotes from several contractors before making any repairs.
- Make sure the repairs are done correctly and to code.
4. Neutralize the colors
- Paint your walls in neutral colors, such as white, beige, or light gray. This will make your home look larger and more inviting.
- Avoid using bright or bold colors, as these can be overwhelming to potential buyers.
5. Depersonalize your space
- Remove any personal items, such as family photos, artwork, and religious symbols. This will help buyers envision themselves living in your home.
- Put away family photos and other personal items.
- Hang neutral artwork or mirrors on the walls.
- Keep the furniture simple and uncluttered.
6. Add furniture and accessories
- Place furniture in a way that creates a flow through the house and makes the rooms feel larger. Add accessories, such as flowers, candles, and throw pillows, to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Use furniture that is comfortable and inviting.
- Add accessories that reflect your style, but avoid anything too personal.
- Use lighting to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
7. How to stage your house’s outdoor space
- Make sure your yard is clean and well-maintained. Add flowers, plants, and other landscaping to make it look inviting.
- Mow the lawn and trim the hedges.
- Rake up leaves and debris.
- Add flowers and plants to the yard.
Tips for staging your house
- Hire a professional stager if you can afford it.
- Take professional photos of your staged home.
- List your home with a qualified real estate agent.
Staging your home is a great way to make it look its best and sell it quickly for the best price.
By following the tips in this article, you can stage your home like a pro. For more help selling a property, call Webber Estates at (805) 493-2237. Carie and Kevin Webber are top rated, Ramsey endorsed local real estate agents located in Westlake Village on the south side of the 101 across from the Thousand Oaks Auto Mall.